Friday, December 22, 2017

The Magic of Universal Studios - Harry Potter



Universal Studios City Walk
I haven't taken a personal vacation for quite a while and so decided I wanted to get out of the cold of the Northeast and take in some sun.










Picking Universal Studios in Orlando was the best choice 1) because it is close, 2) warm, 3) Harry Potter of course!

I love...love...love Harry Potter. I'm one of those people that has to stop and watch any Potter film as I'm clicking through the romote.

The adventure starts by going through the CityWalk, streaming with restaurants, theaters and shops.

Weasley's

Escaping From Gringotts

Goblin at Gringott's



Once inside the "Cities" park, I starting my journey at Diagon Alley, exacting replicas from the set including Weasley's, Ollivanders, and Knockturn Alley, plus Gringotts. Took the "Escape from Gringotts ride, but what was really impressive, much more than the ride itself (after 1 1/2 wait), was the replication of Gringotts from the final film, complete with Goblins and those beautiful chandeliers.


 I took my time walking through the Harry Potter part, except for paying $50 for the special wand from Ollivanders, traveled to Kings Cross to take the Hogwarts Express to the other park (Island of Adventure) to HogsMeade and the Castle. They really did the Hogwarts Express really well and you see scenes from the movies as you pass through the English countryside on the way to Hogwarts.









Hogsmeade was a perfect replica filled with shops and the various eating places and kiosks. After a shorter wait than "Escaping from Gringotts" was the Castle, walking through various pieces of historic Hogswart Castle pieces venturing to one of the best rides I've experienced in a long time. You actually feel like you are riding a broom through Hogwarts. It was fantastic!!


That evening I witnessed the amazing and memberable Christmas show at the castle. I'm so glad I went around Christmas time because the music, lights, fireworks all converging together was spectacular. I tried to take photos, but nothing really does it justice. It is much better to look at it and take it all in.










pensieve



Inside Hogwarts



















Island Adventure Park

I'm glad I bought a pass to both parks, but if I had to choose one over the other I would buy the Island Adventure Park because the rides were great and of course, the castle to me, was the best time.


Lost Continent

Jurassic Park
Marvel Super Hero Island




Spiderman ride was fun and enjoyable, but the Jurassic Park ride was really fun (prepare to get wet)









The following day, I went back to visit the first park (with Diagon Alley) but went to the other cities; New York, San Francisco, Hollywood. The ride with a virtual Jimmy Fallon through New York was fun, The Mummy ride, not so much. I did go to a Hollywood Horror Makeup session that was interesting, but again not as good as the rides at the Island Adventure Park.


CityWalk and Cities

Okay Ride

Nice Replica

New York Street













And all the rest...







No comments:

Post a Comment